Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm Starting Over!

I've been inspired to go back to blogging. I have NO idea what this blog is going to turn into. I figure it's going to be several things - a book review site, a place to post my fave photographs and maybe a space to complain about the rest of the world. I'm very good at complaining.

Speaking of which, I have to say that while I'm thrilled that Barack Obama is going to be the next President of the "free world" (ahem), I'm a lot less thrilled about what happened with Proposition 8. As a matter of fact, I'm downright pissed off. And I'm even more pissed off about the fact that everyone in the world is celebrating what they believe will be the dawn of a nicer, kinder, more tolerant US when the civil rights of tens thousands of Americans are being infringed upon. Can we all wake up now? Would that be all right?

It's time to put away the champagne, folks, and realize that electing Obama is NOT the end of inequality. It's also time for all those bigots out there to get over themselves and stop being threatened by anyone who is different. Maybe we should all try a little harder to treat others the way we'd like to be treated.

No comments: